Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Formula D Sonoma

My Riceboytv edit for Formula Drift Sonoma. Held on September 13, 2008.


Formula D Sonoma 2008 HD from Will Roegge on Vimeo.

Since our turn around at riceboytv for event coverage is usually 2 days. I was feeling the pinch to get this edit finished for Wednesday morning launch. When reviewing my footage from the weekend I cannot help but think about opening montage and how to grab a viewer's attention. Thats usually how my mind works. Three steps ahead and usually focused on the final presentation. For example, I had the opening montage for this edit locked down and color corrected before even starting the narrative coverage. The more I shoot with the Sony EX-1 (about 6 months now) the more I appreciate it. I was and still am a loyal Canon and Panasonic user. I've shot stills with Canon's since I was 17 and the Panasonic DVX line was the first video camera that got me hooked on video production. Previous generations of Sony Prosumer/HDV cameras were cheap feeling and the controls were poor. The image quality was lackluster and who doesn't use XLR on their pro level cameras? Mini-jack? My gripes with Sony were forgotten after a day with the EX-1. Its incredible, even better than Panasonic's HVX (All accept for color space, 4:2:0? Really Sony? HVX's 4:2:2 is more desirable) The work flow with the SxS cards is simple and downloading/converting raw m4v files from the EX-1 using the express slot on my Mac Book Pro is a breeze!

Wow, super camera nerd digression.
Let me know what you think about the edit?


No comments:

Google Quick Search

Custom Search