Monday, February 11, 2008

Utah Trip, February 9&10

I decided to visit Utah- again. After being there for the Sundance Film Festival 2008 and spending the last two days of my trip knee deep in "The Best Snow on Earth" I wanted more.








With the taste of Squatter's Captain Bastard Oatmeal Stout still fresh in my mind I arrived in Salt Lake for a *free day of snowboarding. Riding the Canyons for the first time was incredible. The snow conditions were mixed and honestly less then desirable, but Nate and I ripped it up. Bonked a couple of trees, dropped a couple of cliffs, and got in a starring contest with a Moose. Yeah, a moose. Just hanging out by a bush we rode and stopped by. It was actually the scariest thing that has happened to me in a while. Within 45ft of us was a gigantic moose equipped with massive antlers- looking just as startled by our presence as we were by his. We navigated our way away from it and nervously laughed it off.
Second day of riding was at the Sundance resort. Probably my favorite in the Salt Lake area. It takes an hour to get there from the airport, but is well worth it. Short lift lines, runs in solitude, and still some un-tracked powder from the week's storms make it really memorable.

Cap off the trip with a charbroiled burger from Apollo Burger. Seeing a man dressed in clown clothes, with a clear backpack, and a rainbow colored umbrella and discovering the mysterious Utah "fry-sauce" that everyone uses to smoother their fast food.

I will be posting some clips from riding at Sundance soon.

No comments:

Google Quick Search

Custom Search